Monday, January 30, 2012

Proposed Community Liaison Committee

CCCE would like to thank the efforts of Audrey Negley in opening a dialogue with the board! Audrey has met with Cindy Fratto and we, as per Cindy's request, are now working on compiling a list of more specific issues. Please email me at cindysass@yahoo.com and let me know if you have any questions or concerns you would like addressed! Here is Audrey's letter:

________________________________________________________

Ms. Cindy Fratto
Board of Trustees
Coast Unified School District
1350 Main Street
Cambria, California 93428

Re: Proposed Community Liaison Committee

Dear Ms. Fratto:

I am a parent of two children currently attending the Cambria Grammar School. I have involved myself in the school environment by helping in the classroom and participating in the Cambria Grammar School Parent Teacher’s Association (PTA). In doing so, I have been able to observe and experience some of the issues that confront our school district. It is important to me that I attempt to be a proactive parent and assist the school and community in helping enrich and improve our children’s learning environment.

Unfortunately, there have been several issues which seem to have polarized our community with respect to the school district. From my observation and understanding, I believe that improving communication between parents and the school board could help ease some of this discord and potentially provide a forum to resolve conflict and restore confidence in our leadership. I would like to propose that a committee be developed consisting of several parents and board members to develop an agenda of current issues and work towards finding a resolution, if appropriate, and provide a means to offer parents and the public with important information.

I realize that the public is offered time to comment at monthly school board meetings; however, this forum does not provide an open line of communication where each party can respond to concerns or requests. Pursuant to the Coast Unified School District Bylaws, a temporary special committee can be formed and discharged by the President of the Board. With respect to that provision of the bylaws, I would like to propose that a temporary subcommittee be formed consisting of Board members and parents to discuss and work towards solutions to the many issues that the public is bringing to the Board.

I welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter with you and hopefully engage members of our community in a productive and professional manner. I believe that it would be to the community’s advantage to have this matter before the school board at its next meeting.

Sincerely,
Audrey Negley

2 comments:

  1. Still no word back from Cindy Fratto... guess she's very busy writing nice letters about Chris Adams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Board Response:

    Hi Audrey,

    You have asked for an update on where I am in regards to responding to your list of concerns.

    I am hoping to have a meeting with you shortly, possibly in the next week or so. It will have to be either a Monday or Friday. However, before we meet, are you able to give me a list of those that you represent?



    Cindy (Fratto)

    ReplyDelete

Followers